We had such a fabulous 4th of July weekend. My dad needed someone to drive up the tent trailer for our reunion next week so we decided to help out and went up to the cabin for the 4th. I haven't wanted to go up there because it's a long drive for Audrey, and I didn't know if she would sleep there. Surprisingly she slept like a baby and she did pretty okay on the drive up. The Whiting Homestead is a place my great grandfather and his family lived on and has been a place that we hold our reunions ever since. We have up to 1,000 people attend and it's just a really special place for all of us Whiting folk, I love how we have a place to go camping and visit that is all ours.
We drove up there during Audrey's bed time so she would just sleep. Of course she woke up as soon as we got there. We couldn't find the spare key so we waited for my dad who was about 30 min behind and by the time we got in Audrey was wide awake. She did end up going back to sleep after a while and was ready to play the next day.
She loves rocks almost as much as she loves dolls. She almost always had a rock in her hand and would give them kisses.
We loved to go out on the quads
and bake cookies
Audrey has been so fascinated with her nose. We've been trying really hard to keep her finger out!
Oh my mother and her visors! She was so thrilled when she saw this at Joanne's before we left, and had Audrey wear it.
We went to Heber to watch the parade. I love how small towns go all out for the Holiday's. This was the first time we've done this so next time we know to do a couple different things. Drive closer to the start of the parade, bring a canopy for shade, and some cold drinks.
I always cut Audrey's corn off of the cob, but apparently I've been wasting my energy. She loved that corn on the cob.
We put Audrey to sleep the last night we were there and went out on the quads for an evening ride without Ms. Audrey. It was awesome. I LOVE riding those and it had been so long since I've been out for a real ride. I have many memories riding those things. Some good, some really scary. I can certainly say I know that I've gained a testimony that prayers are real from experiences on the quads. We drove up to Green's Peak.
We thought it would be cool to watch the fireworks from up there but it got REALLY cold and we would have to wait another hour. Next time we will drive the truck, bring blankets and hot chocolate because I'm sure the view was awesome. There were a lot of cars who went up there to watch them.
Before we left, we left out mark. I don't know if this is okay...
Here are a couple shots of the cabin. It was completed I think 2 years ago and it's so nice. It's nice to have a place of our own there, especially for the reunions.
It's more like a house than a cabin, and I can't wait till we can go back next week.
After a beautiful weekend it was time to head home. We had Audrey all prepared to go with her babies and I was praying she would do as well as she did on the way up
No such luck. Oh the poor child. She just gets herself so worked up. We were all happy to finally get home and get her out of that car.
Other than the ride home, it was a delightful weekend.
Comments