Our first ride was the carousel.
Waiting for the parade. I loved watching Audrey watching it.
My mom made it just in time for the fireworks. They are spectacular and I love that it snows afterwards.
On main street. Audrey showing off her gloves that Granny Jules got her.
It was a full packed first day and she was all tuckered out.
Riding the tram
I would tuck Brandon right into my jacket so he would stay warm :)
We met a lot of characters. Here's Tinkerbell
and Pluto
This is at Ariel's Grotto. Audrey was a little star struck I think. Ariel is her favorite.
We made reservations to eat here planning on using our reward points, but later learned we could use our points to buy park tickets through AAA. Since it's $35 an adult we kept going back and forth debating if we should really do this since $70 is more than I spent at the grocery store each week. We decided to go for it and I'm so glad we did. For $35 you get a drink with free refills, appetizers, a meal, and a lovely dessert. We calculated what that would cost at Carrabbas or Charlestons and it's pretty comparable. The only thing is, when we go to those places we get water and sometimes share a meal, so it doesn't ever come close to this.
Audrey loved seeing the princesses and we got the best meal we had our whole stay.
Cinderella
Belle
Sleeping Beauty
Mulan
The appetizer, I wish I got a better picture. You can kinda see the tower where it had 3 different levels and we had a basket of bread. I don't remember what all came on the tower but I remember the bottom level was a really yummy salad, there were mozzarella balls, veggies, these little jello square things... I don't know, it was all good though.
This was the main dish and it was great. Pete and I ate at Cinderella's Castle when we went to Disneyworld for our honeymoon and the food was not good, so we were very surprised how good it all was.
Audrey got this for FREE! Mac and cheese with goldfish crackers sprinkled on top with grapes. She also got a free drink since she is under 3. I thought she would just have to share with us so it was a pleasant surprise that they actually gave her a meal.
Brandon as happy as can be.
Eating his lunch.
The dessert platter was amazing.
The Playhouse Disney show was awesome. She had a ball.
The whole plot of the show is creating a surprise party for Minnie and at the end confetti falls all over, she of course loved that.
Dancing to the music
Audrey wasn't too sure what to think about Woody and the green army guy.
She couldn't get enough of the cotton candy. In her defense that stuff is good!!!
Some time alone. We went and rode on Indiana Jones.
And then made our way to the Tiki Stand. We can't visit Disneyland without getting a Pineapple float. We kept debating if we wanted to share or not and decided to get our own. We ended up getting one for free! So, that worked out great.
The Pixar Parade at California Adventure was a blast. Audrey loved it.
At the end of the parade there are a bunch of bubbles and loud music and so we followed it for quite some time. Pete would throw Audrey up at the bubbles and she was in heaven.
This was probably one of Audrey's favorite nights there.
My mom gave both of the girls gift cards so they could pick something out. They were thrilled to show each other what they got.
Dancing with Aunt Helen.
Brandon just being cute.
Every hole... and I mean EVERY hole, Audrey had to stop and see if it was the rabbit hole from Alice and Wonderland. It was cute, but kinda annoying having to stop every time.
Waiting for World of Color. This is the new big to do at California Adventure. I thought it was good, but not worth all the hype and confusion over the fast pass, picnic meal or dining options. My brother Dallas made the comment it would be so much better if the seating was just like every other event at Disneyland. First come first serve, it would avoid a lot of confusion.
I saw this idea somewhere and knew I wanted to use it. Thank goodness we never had to utilize it. I saw one parent frantically looking for their kid, and on another day I saw a little kid crying because he was lost. In both cases they were found, but I can't think of anything more scary.
Where should we go first?
This Toy Story ride at California Adventure is so darn fun! We had to run and do this first thing because this line gets long very fast.
Pete spent the majority of this day dealing with the stroller fiasco which turned into us having to call someone to make a new key, which turned into our car not working. It was kinda a rough day to say the least.
A
She never made it to the car awake.
Looking for that rabbit hole.
Walking like a princess
A very unflattering picture of all of us, but the only one we have in front of the castle
She really liked the carousel but not nearly as much as Small World which I'm suprised I don't have a picture of
He's growing up so fast!
I always have to get a clam chowder bread bowl
This was not planned, but we just decided what the heck! After the crazy day we had with the stroller we thought this would be fun. They have all different kinds of packages going all the way up to over $200. The cheapest one is $45 while thats kinda a lot, I was really suprised with how much she got.
She really liked this window display.
I caught her having a little conversation with Cinderella.
While we were waiting the fire alarm went off! So we had some time to spare and these bubbles came in handy.
The make over begins.
Time for makeup.
In Cinderella's dressing room.
Here she is in all her glory. She got a ring, sparkle tatooes, nailpolish, makeup, a crown, brush, a hair piece, a sash and a cute bag to carry it all in. I feel like this was worth the money, and she absolutly loved it. Watching her walk around was priceless. I'm so happy we did this.
Treats, they really know how to do the sweets.. and we really know how to enjoy them :)
Playing in Toontown
This was the last photo we got before our camera died, so we didn't get anything of our last day there. We had the best time EVER I could not have dreamed of a better trip to Disneyland.
Comments