In Arizona it was a yearly tradition to go to Bass Pro Shop with my parents and the cousins to get a picture, play around there and get dinner together. We discovered there was a Bass Pro Shop in Katy which is about an hour away and an In and Out just opened up right next to it. The only In and Out near us. Pete happened to have an afternoon off so we decided to be spontaneous and head out.
I was a little concerned because in AZ the time slots to take your picture with Santa can run out but figured we would be okay. I would grab a time slot, we'd eat some dinner and In and Out then come back for our photo. Great game plan! Except when I ran in to get a time slot not only did they not have any, Santa was all done for the day and wouldn't be returning. We were so disappointed, especially Melanie. We decided to all get out and look around, snap a couple photos. Then we headed over to the new In and Out. When we turned into the parking lot there were police officers directing traffic which we thought was odd and leading us away from In and Out. Elliott told them, hey we are here for In and Out and they said yeah, you need to get in the back of the line. The line went on FOREVER! After debating the pros and cons we eventually decided to wait it out figuring we weren't coming back to Katy anytime soon we might as well take advantage. It took a solid hour before we finally had our food. An hour. We drove to eat in front of Chipotle since they have a toilet and because of my stomach problems we figured that would be best. I went to use the restroom, it was out of service. We drove to Wendy's and they were out of toilet paper. Went to a gas station and then after all that I didn't have to go. Started driving home and about 20 min in, my stomach was sick. Like if we didn't find a toilet within 5 min I'm going to have a mess in my pants. By the grace of God there was a lone Shipley's Donut opened at 8:00 which is abnormal but I was able to go and make it home safely. It was an epic failure of an adventure, but one I'm sure we'll always remember. Sometimes these spontaneous get aways are the best ever and this one just wasn't, but I'm glad we tried.
This is quite possibly one of the worst photos of Brandon but the only one I got!


Comments