Yep, we're homeschooling! I feel like we were presented with a pretty impossible decision with this school year. We were forced into a virtual learning situation to finish out last year's school year and it was awful. The kids were not learning, it felt like busy work and caused a lot of unnecessary tears and frustration. I didn't appreciate having my kids on screens for hours during school then they wanted their free time to be on more screens. I knew I was not up for a whole school year of virtual schooling, I didn't like how it controlled my entire day instead of me being in control of what was going on. Sending the kids to school came with its own challenges, masks all day, spacing of desks, being isolated during lunch and recess and not knowing what the virus was going to do made me feel uneasy. One of the biggest reasons I send my kids to school is for the social aspect, if we cut that out then what's the point? I have a teaching degree and am currently staying home so we decided to go for it with homeschool. I've gotta say it's actually been going really well.
With their entire lives feeling a bit unstable and so many things being taken away we figured this is one area we can provide some stability and I believe we made the right choice. Here are just a few things that have been going on.















Comments