It brings me an unbelievable amount of joy that I am all caught up with the ol blog! I can't believe it.
Elliott had the entire week off of work so we could spend spring break and our anniversary together. To celebrate our family birthday we headed to the zoo but it was insane! We knew it would be crowded because of spring break but not that crowded. There wasn't one place to park and tons of cars circling like hawks waiting to snag a spot. The museum is really close so we opted to head over there and had a wonderful time. It's one of the coolest museums I've ever been to. We ended up getting a membership so we can go more often which I'm really happy about. Somehow we all ended up coordinating with Dodger colors which I thought was kinda embarrassing but Elliott LOVED it!
Elliott and I went to see the Cirque du Soleil show that's in town. We headed to BJ's for dinner which is one of our favorite spots. The show was incredible! It blows my mind the things these people are able to do with their bodies, we were thoroughly impressed. For our 10th anniversary we went to Vegas and saw the Beatles inspired Cirque du Soleil and thought it was really neat so I'm glad we were able to see another show.
Surely one things we will never forget about this week was the outbreak of the Corona Virus. Holy moly it has been quite a fiasco. I think for me it's hard to understand how to feel about it because we have many people saying we have blown this thing out of proportion its not a big deal, then we have others saying if this thing explodes our heath care is not prepared to handle the amount of people that will need assistance breathing. So I can't figure out how dangerous it is, but I do understand the impact it's having.
School has been canceled until further notice, church has been canceled along with all activities, Disneyland has closed, all NBA and MLB games are canceled along with many other events. It's unlike anything we have ever experienced. We've been encouraged to stay home or within small groups.
As far as I understand it's not so much that anybody who gets it is going to die. In fact statistically the age of everyone in our family will be just fine, even if we catch the virus. The concern is that this is spreading like wildfire, faster than any other virus and we aren't capable of handling the amount of respiratory cases this has the potential to cause. I find that scary and am happy to take whatever precautions necessary to nip this in the butt.
I'm also concerned what the aftershock of this is going to cause, and we just have no idea. So we'll take it one day at a time. I'll get a taste of what a homeschool family is like and I think we'll enjoy the time with our family. Elliott does still have to work starting on Monday.
The last picture is of Elliott and I at the grocery store the night the district canceled school. It has been shocking to experience everyone's panic. The store was packed with lines longer than we have ever seen with most shelves bare. Toilet paper has become a hot commodity, thankfully I think we are good there. I do feel a little concerned that the majority of our year supply is in AZ. I'm hopeful this will all pass in a couple weeks and life will return to normal. I guess that's the concern though, nobody knows how this is going to hit.










Comments