Certainly the biggest thing that has happened over the past 2 months has been my lovers GRADUATION! It is so wonderful to have him done. We had the opportunity to hear the President himself speak and we were planning on going... THEN we realized the traffic and parking would be outrageous, and we were expected to sit in an unconditioned football field for almost 4 hours sweltering in heat waiting for him to come out. It was supposed to be in the triple digits and with the sun beating down on those benches it would have been an oven in there are not even worth it. So instead of that Pete opted to go to the JD Hayworth talk show. He was lucky enough to get up and actually be a part of the show which was a lot of fun for him. Since he ultimately wants to be involved in politics this was a cool experience.
I do have to explain the eventful graduation ceremony that we attended. One student was chosen to represent the class and give a speech. As this person walks up to the podium I was slightly confused because I was certain the man who introduced him said his name was Stephen. How could this guy named Stephen have a female hairstyle, make up, a dress and gold high hills on? Don't worry it was a he/she or transvestite I'm not really sure but there was an audible gasp from the audience, and I broke out in uncontrollable laughter. The kind where you have to be quiet so I was crying and hurting. How in the world they ended up picking this individual to represent my husbands class or my husband for that matter could be viewed as slightly offensive. Now, I know this man is a son of God, but it surely took everyone by surprise. Here are a couple pictures of that eventful day.
That night we were able to stay in Scottsdale, eat at our favorite restaurant Maggiano's and see Wolverine. It was the first night I've ever spent without Audrey and it was really weird. I was almost in tears as I left, but we had a wonderful time. The morning was just as lovely, and all I've got to say is how great is room service? Extremely over priced, but I love nothing more than sleeping in, having breakfast brought to my room and just hanging out. Perfection.
Now we have law school to look forward too :) I think that graduation will merit a luxurious vacation.
Comments
We were too poor after his actual graduation to do anything!
Your mum wrote Dallas and told us about the transvestite. What a crack up. Dallas' graduation was nice and short with one boring speech. Nice sandwiches afterward, though.