It was a scary and intimidated process buying a house. The kids and I were in Arizona and Elliott was in Georgia for training and wouldn't be done until the week of Thanksgiving. Which meant neither one of us was here to physically walk through houses. We wanted to be in a home before Christmas and so the timing was extremely tight. We started looking for homes, and had put in an offer on one that I fell in love with from the pictures. We had put $1,000 down, had the inspector come out and had one day left to decide whether we were moving forward with it or not.
Elliott did a drive by the night he got into town and didn't have a super great feeling about it. The next day when he did the walk through he knew it wasn't our house. I remember him calling me while I was sitting at church in Arizona and telling me this house wasn't going to work out. I was devastated. I walked out of Relief Society tearing up because we were running out of time, I wanted to spend Christmas together and make sure the kids were enrolled in school before the beginning of the year. The whole process of being separated, living with my parents, working full time and the future a complete unknown was really wearing on me.
The realtor mentioned to Elliott that a house had come on the market that day and wanted to take him. Elliott knew the minute they drove into the neighborhood this house was it. He walked through and just had a gut feeling this was where we needed to be so we got the ball rolling fast and by some miracle we got it! We weren't the only offer, I'm not even sure if we were the first but somehow everything went through and Elliott got the keys on the 17th and the kids and I arrive in TX on the 19th.
Here she is!
Elliott did a drive by the night he got into town and didn't have a super great feeling about it. The next day when he did the walk through he knew it wasn't our house. I remember him calling me while I was sitting at church in Arizona and telling me this house wasn't going to work out. I was devastated. I walked out of Relief Society tearing up because we were running out of time, I wanted to spend Christmas together and make sure the kids were enrolled in school before the beginning of the year. The whole process of being separated, living with my parents, working full time and the future a complete unknown was really wearing on me.
The realtor mentioned to Elliott that a house had come on the market that day and wanted to take him. Elliott knew the minute they drove into the neighborhood this house was it. He walked through and just had a gut feeling this was where we needed to be so we got the ball rolling fast and by some miracle we got it! We weren't the only offer, I'm not even sure if we were the first but somehow everything went through and Elliott got the keys on the 17th and the kids and I arrive in TX on the 19th.
Here she is!
We got her for $154,000. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bath home and about 1400 square feet. We will eventually fix the front planter and put a more sturdy border around the tree.
Welcome home! This is what you see when you walk in the front door. We're ancy to get a new couch and rug, and add some faux stone all up the fire place but for now it's home!
Our kitchen. I wish there was a little more cabinet space. We will eventually need to figure out some more storage in here.
Laundry area that heads to the garage.
Brandon's Room. He loves having his own room!
Girls room. The bed is a trundle bed, so Melanie sleeps on that. We are thinking we would eventually like to get a queen bed for them to share. That might fit better in the space than 2 twins. Melanie is tired of sleeping on the trundle.
Last but not least our bedroom! Which is a complete blank space. Eventually we'll get a bedroom set and decorate but for now this is what it looks like.
We just feel so happy to have our own home. I believe we are where we are meant to be and I'm gonna love little by little making this home our own.







Comments