Skip to main content

HOA Violation

Apparently it's a violation of our HOA to leave our trash can nicely parked by the side of our house. A violation that is charging us 15 bucks. Seriously?! Seriously. I'm sure hidden in the mounds of paperwork we had to sign it was nicely stated, but who reads that crap anyways? I guess we are supposed to keep it private that we own a trash barrel, maybe it makes people feel bad because they didn't get one. I guess it can look "trashy", I mean after all it is where we place our trash. Here's our dilemma, it doesn't fit in our garage.
And have you tried wheeling a trash can over rocks, it's a pain in the neck especially while holding Audrey.
Nonetheless, we will conform or I guess I should say my husband will conform because that's a mans job. 

Comments

Rebecca said…
You blog about the funniest things! I LOVE IT!!! I can so see you with a grumpy face pulling your trash can up the driveway. Maybe if you painted it with pretty flowers, or made it look like a bunny they would let you leave it out.
Bekah Parker said…
Ya that is pretty lame. Some people have way to much time on their hands. Sorry about that!
kemra said…
Seriously - so annoying! We've gotten the same note...

I'm so excited that you get to go to Disneyland! We went last year at this time - and I agree with you...It is the BEST!!! There is a Mommy/baby room (@ the end of Main Street close to Tomorrow Land , kind of tucked back in the corner- apparently it's been there since the 50's!) I can't remember the name of it - but you can ask someone who works there. It is AMAZING!!! It is this HUGE room with EVERYTHING you need to take care of your baby. There is a changing table room, a private breast feeding room, highchairs for feeding baby food...they even have all sizes of diapers, formula (in case you run out), bottle warmers - and the sweetest women work there...best of all, it's free!!! Seriously, I love this room! We were there for a few days, and I found it on our LAST day! I was so sad, because the other two days I had nursed Cohen on benches...good times!
Unknown said…
Hello, Amelia! Thanks for saying "Hi" on my blog, and by all means, 'lurk' away! As for the garbage can conundrum, I have long believed that when Satan was expelled from heaven, the first job he took was as president of a homeowners' association. The second was running an insurance company. You and your wheelie garbage can have my sympathies. Perhaps you could construct a giant cardboard shrub-looking dealio and strap it to the side of the can, facing the street. Every spring tape little flowers on it. Have the leaves 'fall' off in October. Twinkle lights in December. All told, it's still cheaper than fifteen bucks a month, and you don't have to sell your soul to the Lucifer-wannabees running the HOA. Everybody wins!
Jocey said…
I so agree, we can only fit one car in the garage, so the trash does go in there, but honestly it is disgusting to me!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year!

 We thought we’d bring some new energy to 2021 by completely tearing our house apart and getting our carpets cleaned. The cleaners were scheduled for December 30th, so we pulled everything out of bedrooms and gave the walls and baseboards a good scrub. In order to allow the carpets time to dry we didn’t want to walk on them so we used Elliott’s points and got a hotel up in the Woodlands. We stayed at the Marriott along the waterway and it was beautiful. There ended up being a storm that night which was unfortunate because we weren’t able to walk down the waterway and enjoy the whole scene up there. We ordered Shake Shack from Uber Eats and watched Hook all snuggled up in our beds. It was a perfect evening.  Once we returned home we got to work putting bedrooms back together then later that night celebrated the new year! It’s become tradition for us to do taste tests with the kids blindfolded. We did different flavored oreo’s and ice drinks. We ordered Buffalo Wild Wings and wa...

Good Morning

Our kids don't sleep in. If they make it past 6:30 it's an extremely rare occasion. The problem with this is that Pete and I are not exactly morning folk. We make goals that say we will be in bed before 10pm, but after a week or so we are back to staying up way to late. Having Netflix is not helping either. We love watching documentaries and could watch them all night long. Every morning looks a little something like this. Our kids full of energy and ready to conquer the day, while Pete and I are wanting to kill ourselves.

December

There are a lot of words that could be used to describe 2020. Unpredictable, scary, death, political insanity, isolation, divisive, racial inequality, quarantine, masks etc. etc. It was really rough for us around June-October when we had no idea whether or not Elliott would have a job. Thankfully we were one of the lucky ones that didn't get furloughed. Financially speaking our biggest hit was that overtime was cut. We had big plans of paying off a lot of debt from law school and going on our first family trip to Disneyworld. Without that overtime we make about $2,000 less a month and it's quite a hit, but we are making it work. We canceled our Disneyworld trip and are living paycheck to paycheck but had Elliott been furloughed for an undermined amount of time I don't know what we would have done. I know there are many families in that situation and I wish we were in a position to offer some assistance instead of treading water. I feel very blessed and fortunate for where w...