First I must say that the Obama look alike doctor was telling the truth about this little sucker not causing pain while peeing out, so perhaps there is hope for our country :)
Do you see those sharp, splinter like things? Yeah, it hurt like a mother. I've often heard that kidney stones are comparable to labor pains. Well here is my analysis : Having a baby is something that has been prepared for. Books have been read, doctor appointments, hospital tours and meetings have all occurred. While I don't think there is anything REALLY to prepare anyone for that experience it is something that you know is coming up and at the end of the agony you finally get to meet that sweet little baby that's been apart of you for 9 months. The aftermath is so worth every painful moment.
Now let's compare that with a kidney stone. On Tuesday I didn't know WHAT was going on, I didn't know how to make it go away, I didn't know how long it was going to last and the doctors couldn't give me anything for the pain until they knew what they were treating. Which by the time they figured it out, I had already gone through the painful stuff. Plus the fact that I was in Urgent Care and the ER the entire day did not make things easier. So obviously I'm pretty sure the kidney stone was worst.
But I do have to say it was really fun hanging out at the ER with Pete (once the pain had subsided) we never get to spend 5 hours together alone, not sure it was worth the kidney stone, but it sure was nice to have some time to hang out.
Comments